Sunday, April 11, 2010

An Afternoon in the Park with Grandma 4/2/10

Just like April 1st, April 2nd was another gorgeous day!! My Mom said she was having "I don't wanna work" fever so we went to the park for lunch and some play time.Lots of other people had the same idea, but for the most part, everyone was nice and shared the play sets. ;)
This was a cool teetor totter that Marc was able to do on his own.
My Mom and I split up, each taking a kid. I started out with Marc. I love the way this picture turned out. :)
This was a really tall twisty slide that Marc made loops doing, one right after another.
After awhile we switched kids. I had fun pushing Samantha on the swing and listening to her giggle and smile. :)
Since she was a little young for a big play set last summer, and this was the first time at the park, she was a little leery about some things at first, but she quickly became my little dare devil. She loved this "suspension" bridge. She climbed up the stairs, crossed the bridge, and went down the slide. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Oh, and sometimes she stopped to drive the play set.....
and play tic tac toe.
Samantha wanted to go down a tube slide like her brother so after Mom came over close to me, we let her go down it. She loved it!!
I'm not sure which girl enjoyed swinging together more. ;)
Just like there was the single person teetor totter, there was a two person one as well.
Samantha bouncing on a pelican's back.
The kids wanted to ride a bouncing "ride" together, but at first we didn't see a 2 person one. We were excited to find this alligator they could ride together.
Samantha wanted to drive all the play sets.
Marc has come a long way since last summer. Last year we tried to get him to do lots of stuff but he was too "scared" to do it. This summer he hopped right to it! He walked these stepping stones. He said the orange ones were wobbly.
Samantha wanted to do almost everything Marc did, so I helped her "walk" the stepping stones...and pose for a picture.
Samantha was riding her motorcycle so fast she had wind blowing through her hair. ;)
She thought this curved window was SO cool!
the kids were getting tired of me and my Mom making them pose for pictures. ;)
This play set had 4 holes all right in a row. Samantha poked her face through each hole and said "boo!"
They decided to end the trip to the park with a spin on the merry-go-round.
I think it was a fun-filled trip to the park for everyone involved....I know it wad for me! :-)

No comments: