Thursday, April 14, 2011

Preschool Carnival 3/18/11

Well, less than a week later, my kids get to go to another carnival.....lucky ducks!! :-) This time it is the carnival at my preschool. We got there early (since I work there we had to). The kids put their tickets in the buckets for the kids' raffle. There were lots of fun things for them to choose from. Unfortunately, they didn't win anything. :-( After they put their tickets in, we headed over to have some pizza and bread sticks for dinner.After filling our bellies with some yummy pizza, we headed up to play some games. There were about 12 fun games the kids got to play. :-) We played a few games then it was time for Marc III to get to work! He was so excite when the director of the preschool, and his old teacher, asked him if he wanted to run a game during the carnival. He chose to run the skee ball game. He looked SO grown up wearing the apron and running the game!!
During a break in the action, Samantha decided to take a shot at playing the game too. Marc worked the game for about an hour. Luckily, where the game was set up, there was the play kitchen right by it. So, Samantha spent the better part of the hour playing with the play kitchen and food. Worked out VERY well for all! :-)
Our preschool does a book walk instead of a cake walk. When we got to this game, it was Samantha, Marc, and 1 other kid. So, the chances of one of our kids winning was pretty good. Samantha was very excited when she won! The kids went over to the table of books. Since, as my husband tells me, I own almost every book that is ever been printed, it was kinda tough to find a book we didn't already have, but she found a Dr. Suess book we didn't have! :-)
I bought too many game tickets so we just turned them into redemption tickets so the kids could pick out some good prizes. They each got some streamers to wave around. Marc also got an elephant shaped ball and a slide puzzle.
Samantha got the streamers, some crown sun glasses, and a princess wand.
It was a very fun evening. I love the looks on my students faces when they see me doing something other than teaching in our classroom. I love, even more, spending time with my wonderful family!

No comments: