Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Marc!!

We did all of Marc's celebrating before his birthday so we tried to make sure his actual birthday was celebrated too. When he got up in the morning we put a candle in his breakfast Pop-tart. He had to make a wish and blow the candle out.It was finally time for Marc to take the brownies you read about in one of my previous posts to school. I had to work in the morning on his birthday, but I arranged with his teacher to surprise him and come volunteer in his class for the last couple of hours of school. I wanted to be there to take pictures of him on his special day. He got the biggest kick out of passing out his goodies.
When I came in I surprised him with a balloon bouquet. I can't decided if he was really excited or a little embarrassed that I bought them in for him. ;-) I think he liked them though.
Every Friday during the school-wide assembly, they have any kids that have had a birthday during that week come up front. When they are up there the whole school says happy birthday to them and they get to pick out a birthday pencil. On their birthday they can also donate a book to the library in their name. Marc chose to donate a copy of the first book in one of his favorite series, "The 39 Clues".
I think all in all, it was a great birthday!! :-) I thank God for the 7 years we have been blessed with him.

No comments: