Monday, May 24, 2010

Misc. Fun-ness and Cute-ness

I have taken some misc. cute pictures but they have no common theme for a post so I am making a "My Kids Are Cute!" post with them all. :-)

Since we are headed to Disneyland this summer, we are trying to go for a walk every night, weather permitting, to help us get ready for all the walking we will do in the parks. One night we were getting ready to go for our walk around the block when Daddy said he was wanting a Hostess cherry pie. So we walked down to the gas station to buy him a pie. Samantha "walked" there in style. ;-)We noticed a few weeks ago that our flag was getting all worn out and torn up from all the weather elements so we bought a new one and Marc helped Daddy put the new one up. In the process he got a lesson about proper flag "etiquette".
Samantha got lots of really cute dresses for her birthday. The problem was that they were all sleeveless summer dresses and the weather was too cold for her to wear them around her birthday. Well, when the weather warmed up we started having her wear them. She looked so stinkin' cute in this dress tat I had to take her picture.
One afternoon Marc asked if Samantha could come down and play with him in his bedroom. I thought that was very sweet that he wanted to be down there with him. I told him that if she went down there he would have to keep an eye on her and report to me periodically to let me know how she was doing. He agreed and they played nicely down there together for 30-45 minutes! When she came upstairs she decided to bring a big stuff Pooh with her. I got the Pooh before Marc was even born and it was almost as big as she was. She didn't care, she had fun lovin' on Pooh!
I was playing with Samantha' s hair one afternoon. I decided that with summer looming in the future I wanted to see if her hair could be pulled back into a pony tail. I am hoping that by pulling her hair back it will keep her cooler during the hot weather. Daddy Marc thinks she looks older with her hair back in pony tail. The only problem with her hair being back in a pony tail is that I don't have any bows big enough! Gee, darn, I will just have to make some new bows! ;-)
As I stated in a previous post, we participate in the local P.A.T. program. One of the play groups they offer is "Read, Rhythm, and Rhyme". Part of the play group is listening to a book on CD using head phones. The teacher (the same one that does our home visits) told us that most kids her age don't like having the head phones on. Samantha LOVED it! She sat there and listened to the whole story. I think she might have been the only one that did! :-)
A couple of weeks ago my dad & Peg came to visit and celebrate Sam's birthday. One of the presents they got for her was her very own piggy bank. I have had a piggy bank on her birthday/Christmas list since she was born. I know from experience that when Grandmas and Grandpas come to visit, they give the kiddos money to put in their piggy bank. Poor Samantha has had a Ziploc piggy bag instead. :-( I was so excited when Samantha started opening the present and it turned out to be the cutest piggy bank ever! It is a pink pig wearing a princess crown and a tutu. It was even more perfect since I call Samantha my little Princess. G & G even brought a baggie with money for her to put in the piggy bank. :-)
Samantha has really gotten into playing dress-up and pretend. She got a lot of dress-up clothes for her birthday. She kinda ignored all of it for a few weeks. The last couple of weeks she has played with as least 3 times a day! The glasses she is wearing in the picture below are actually a pair of Marc's Nerf glasses but they have more fun using them as dress-up. the shoes she is wearing are a pair we got her for her birthday. The first week or so she could only walk with one shoe on at a time. The last 2 weeks it almost seems like she wears them all the time we are home. She cruisers around the house with her dress-up heels on like she isn't wearing shoes at all. :-) She LOVES putting shoes one (and taking them off). She takes her shoes off almost every time we are in the car. She also loves to wear other peoples shoes around the house. :-)
One nice evening we decided to head to the back yard and test to see is Samantha could swing on the regular swing of if we needed to look for a toddler swing to attach to our swing set. She did awesome!! She didn't even seem the least little bit nervous or scared. I guess I was enough for both of us. ;-)
We went to open swim and had family swim time one evening after dinner. I think both of my kids are part fish! Marc has always loved swimming and playing with water. It seems that Samantha is following in her big brother's foot steps. The day we went swimming I had her hair in pig tails. She normally doesn't get her head that wet so i left them in. She chose that time to decided she wanted to "jump in" the pool and go underwater. I figured she would freak out when we helped her go under water for a second. She wasn't! As soon as I wiped the water off her face she was asking for more! :-) She looked so cute with her wet pig tails!!
I hope you have enjoyed reading my "My Kids are Cute" post. I sure did! :-)

No comments: