Monday, May 24, 2010

Celebrating Jeff's Birthday 5/23/10

We closed our garage sale early to go down to my Mom's house to celebrate my brother, Jeff's 38th birthday! :-)
Almost as soon as we got there we had lunch. Yummy hot dogs and hamburgs on the grill. :-) Of course for dessert we had birthday cake and ice cream. Marc helped me put all the candles on Jeff's cake.Both kids waited patiently while I lit the candles.
I love the way, if you look carefully at Marc's glasses you can see the lit candles reflecting in them.
Samantha gave Uncle Jeff kisses on the forehead while I was lighting candles.......
Do you think they like each other???? ;-)
Then, of course, both kiddos helped Jeff blow out his candles.....
and wave all the smoke around, after all, there was a lot of it! ;-)
After lunch and cake it was time for Jeff to open his birthday presents.....or rather have my kids open them for him. ;-)
Samantha couldn't get enough of her Uncle!!
Marc decided he wanted to make a card for Uncle Jeff. He got his craft supplies out and made a card. He worked very hard!!
I think Uncle Jeff liked the card and Marc was very proud of it.
After presents, Jeff showed us his new "toy". He bought himself an iPad about a month ago. I had heard of them but didn't know exactly what they were so he gave us all a lesson.
Marc wanted to see more of it so Uncle Jeff showed him a little bit of every application. He sure is a good Uncle!!
After the iPad lesson was some play time. Samantha was super excited to ride on Rocky again.
and Grandma gave an impromptu story time.
The other new toy Jeff got was a new car. His lease was up on his old car so he got a new one. So, on the way out to our car, we all went to look at his new car.
Both kids thought it was cool to stand up and look through the sun roof.

It was a nice, relaxing family afternoon. After how busy I had been the previous 3 days it was nice to relax and spend some time with some of my favorite people. Thanks for having us over Mom!

1 comment:

The Whiteds said...

That's a lot of candles! I sure hope the smoke detector didn't go off! ;)