Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010 - 5/9/10

We celebrated Mother's day very differently this year. We normally have my Mom and Grandma come to church with us and then come to our house and Marc cooks us all lunch. Well, this year Saturday night Samantha came down with a fever. My Mom was leaving that next day for a week traveling for work and Grandma had just had a tooth pulled so we all decided that it would be a better idea to postpone our celebration to make sure no one else got sick. We think all it turned out to be was her working on her 2-year molars. But, better safe than sorry.
I was scheduled to work in the 2-3 year old Sunday school room that day, so Peanut and I went to church while Daddy stayed home with Samantha.
I wanted to make sure Samantha had food in her tummy and since she wasn't feeling fantastic, I made mac & cheese for her. Real exciting Mother's Day lunch, huh?! ;-)
Since we were staying home, just us, we played and spent quality time together as a family.
Marc got creative and made an obstacle course for him to shoot his Nerf gun in.A few days before we had gone to the Meijer Outlet (for those of you who are not familiar with this place, it is Meijer's "discount" store). We found lots of fun toys/activities for a low price. Since we were home, we took advantage of most of them on Mother's Day.
One of the things we bought was a Twister game. He told us that he was getting tired of having to stand in the same position for so long. We played 1 round and then quit. Not sure it is his favorite game. ;-)
My other little boy found (at the Meijer Outlet) these magnetic, battling, top thingys. You started your top spinning and you controlled it with a magnet thing on your fingers and you want your top to spin longer then the other person's top. I don't totally understand how they work, but the boys had fun.
Most of you know that we are heading out to Disneyland this summer. While at the Meijer Outlet I found kits with those beads that fuse together when you iron them. The kits were of various Disney character. Each kit made the patter 2 times. I think we bought 5 different characters. Marc is making a Lightening McQueen in the picture below. We are turning them into necklaces for them to wear in Disneyland.
While Marc was making Lightening McQueen, Samantha "played" Go Fish. She loves pretending to play like a "big kid".
My present from Peanut was a beautiful flower pot that he painted at school. He even planted a flower in it for me. Must be his teacher doesn't know me very well, otherwise she would know that I have a black thumb and can't keep flowers alive. ;)
We were taking Sam's temperature off and on all day to see how she was doing. After her nap she decided that she needed to take it for herself.
As the day wound down, Marc climbed into the chair and read his book. :-)
For dinner Marc cooked me a yummy meal (the one that we were supposed to have with Mom & Grandma). We had grilled chicken sauteed in a teryaki sauce, cheesy potatoes, bread, and strawberries. YUM!
It was not the way I expected to spend Mother's Day but it was a nice, relaxing day with my wonderful family. :)

No comments: