Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Fun!! 4/24/11

Every year we try to find an egg hunt/scramble for the kids to do. This year I found out that the aide in my classroom was in charge of one at her church. So we went to that one the day before Easter. She had it broken down into 4 different age groups to make it fair.
Each of the kids got 10-20 eggs filled with candy. :-)
Last year we did an "Amazing Race" clue hunt for Marc to find their Easter baskets. Marc asked for a "fun" way for them to find their baskets again this year. Marc and I procrastinated so we were up really late Saturday getting everything ready for them. ;-) We like to make the clues refer to things in the Bible. We combined The Amazing Race and Minute to Win It this year. When he came upstairs they had to read the Roadblock clue.
That clue led them to a path of filled eggs. The path led to their Minute to Win It challenges. Marc had 5 plastic eggs filled with different number jelly beans. He had to put them in order from least to most. He got it right the first try in 22 seconds!
Samantha's challenge was to match the color egg to the same color paper.
They then followed a few more clues to find their baskets under the kitchen table.
Last year we stopped buying dollar store stuff (which breaks and gets thrown away fast) and started buying "better" stuff that would last longer. They played their stuff until it was time to leave for church.
After church we went over to my Mom's house for lunch and family time. My Mom hides eggs in a path to Easter baskets that she puts together.
Marc with his basket and bucket of eggs.
Samantha with her basket and bucket of eggs.
After they looked through their stuff from Grandma, it was time to look at the stuff from Great Grandma. Yes, my kiddos are spoiled!!
After egg hunting and basket opening it was time for lunch. We had some sparkling grape juice to drink with lunch. We drank it from goblets. Last year we gave her a few sips from our glass. This year we gave her her own glass. She did a great job with it! Where did my little girl go?!
Normally after lunch it is my "job" to help my Mom clear the table and clean up. This year I sat at the table talking with Marc (hubby) and my Grandma while my kids helped my Mom clean up. AAaahhhh....that's the life! ;-) But, once again, where did my little boy and little girl go?!
When I took pictures of the kids at home before church the sun wasn't out, so after lunch we went out to my Mom's porch to take pictures of the kids out in the sun.
My Mom put carrot shaped bubbles in their Easter baskets. Since the weather was nice, we went to the porch to blow and chase bubbles.
What a beautiful day it turned out to be! Great time spending the day with my wonderful family!

1 comment:

Ewa said...

Hi
I wonder if you or your readers would like to get to know the Montessori way of teaching a bit better. If so I invite you to enter the giveaway I'm hosting right now!!! One lucky reader will win a FREE ON-LINE MONTESSORI TRAINING PROGRAM +12 MONTESSORI ALBUMS!!. The training program is run by Karen Tyler ;-)
Here is a link to the giveaway:
http://wczesnaedukacjaantkaikuby.blogspot.com/2012/02/win-karen-tylers-montessori-training.html

Blessings for you and your family
Ewa