Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 2011 Cuteness

As always, I took LOTS of misc. cute pictures of the kids. Here are just a few of them.

Samantha got to paint with pudding during one of our Parents as Teachers home visits. I think she ate almost as much as she painted with. ;-)

Samantha has been showing a lot of interest in cutting lately. When Marc was her age we made a cutting box. It was just a box, scraps of paper, and a pair of safety scissors. She spent a couple of days begging me to make her box, so I finally did. She love it!!!

As most of you know I have been making bows for Samantha for a few months now. I decided to branch out and make some flower clips for her to wear on a headband and hat I got her. She decided to wanted to wear all of the flowers at the same time.

One weekend I came across a box in Marc's bedroom. It was filled with old toys of Marc's and mine. One of the things in there were the old Little People I had when i was a little girl. I was amaze at just how much they have changed. I had a blast watching my kids play with my old toys!!

Samantha has become quite the little puzzle doer. I keep all the puzzles stacked up under the toy shelf. She usually pulls one out at least twice a day. Her favorites are the ones when you put the animal pieces back in, it makes the animal sound.

One afternoon while Marc was at school, Samantha pulled out her dress up box and went to town! Love the outfit! :-)

In Marc's class they have started a program called "Super Reader". Each child, once a month, has to pick a book from home, practice reading it out loud at home, then they get to read their book in front of the class. Marc was so excite to hold the book so the kids could see the pictures and read it at the same time!

Marc had a loose tooth for a long time! I kept expecting it to come out, and it never did. One night I looked at him and the tooth was sticking out. It was really ready to come out! I told him I bet it was going to come out at dinner. He told me he didn't want it to come out at home. If it came out at school he would get another tooth necklace. So, the next day I happened to be in his class for lunch and the rest of the afternoon. It didn't come out at lunch. He told me that it hurt to even bite down on anything with the tooth. It was the end of snack time and I told Marc it was "now or never" to loose the tooth an get a tooth necklace. He ran to take a bite of something chewy and the he came running to me saying, in near tears,that it still didn't come out. So, being the ever so brave Mommy (yeah, right!), I reached up and pulled the tooth! I hardly had to pull it at all to get it to come out. He was a very happy boy that he got his tooth necklace.

Marc's school did a fund raising, mother/son bowling night. It was a nice night with my little man. It was fun to see how all of the other Moms interact with their own little men.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing misc. pictures of cute little kiddos! :-)

No comments: