Friday, December 3, 2010

Cookies!!! 11/5/10

On Saturday we fed the homeless and our job was to bring 8 dozen cookies and on Sunday it was our turn to bring 2 dozen cookies for church. So, in a 2 day period I had to make 10 dozen chocolate chip cookies! I enlisted 2 of the cutest little assistant chefs ever!

Samantha and I made a few batches during the day. She liked dumping and mixing all the ingredients.I let her attempt to put blobs of dough on the cookie sheet but the dough was a little gooey so it didn't fall off the spoon.
After dinner Marc helped me make a few more batches. He has always liked helping in the kitchen, and this time was no different.
What better dessert is there than a fresh-baked, home-made chocolate chip cookie???? Do you think Samantha enjoyed it? ;-)
The day after we made the cookies we took Marc downtown with other families from our church. Our church is in a rotation of several church that take part in a program called Jesus on the Streets. Every Saturday 11-1 people from one of the churches goes to a specific spot an feeds the homeless. We were there for 2 hours. I was amazed at the range of need. Some people obviously lived on the streets, other had enough money to have a place to sleep but not enough money to buy food. The other thing I was surprised by was the range of gratitude. Some people were falling all over themselves thanking us for feeding them while other people complained that the pizza was cold and not hot. It was a very moving experience to say the least. it makes me very Thankful for everything we have!

No comments: