Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Happy Daddy" 7/31/10

Since we were in CA for Marc's birthday this year, we had a belated celebration with my family. My Mom and Grandma came up for some lunch, gifts, family time, and best of all, cake and ice cream!!

We made a yummy lemonade cake. Here is a link to the recipe we used: Lemonade Party Cake Marc helped me make it the day before. After lunch Marc helped me frost the cake, put the decorations on, and put the candles in.For the very first time, ever!, my little man helped light the cake. Whenever we let him do some "big boyish" it make me feel both proud and sad. Proud that he is growing up to be such a smart, caring little man and sad that he isn't my little boy any more.
I don't think there have been any candles lit in the last 6 years that anyone has gotten to blow out themselves. ;-)
For every occasion Marc makes a collage project and card. In this picture Marc is explaining to Daddy all the things he drew on his card. The cutest one was a picture of Daddy sitting at his computer. :-)
As Marc opened his gifts, the kids played with the bows and ribbons. These are pictures of Daddy's 2 cutest birthday presents.
I hope Marc had a good birthday! I know everyone else had fun.

No comments: