Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 5 in Denver - 7/7/10

I started my science conference today. Today did not go as planned for Marc and the kids today. While we were at Focus on the Family yesterday we noticed a bug bite near Samantha's eye that had gotten a little swollen. After consulting Nurse Aunt Missey, we began putting Benadryl cream on it. When we woke up this morning, her eye was almost swollen shut. So, I called the doctor and she suggest we give her liquid Benadryl. If there is no change in 24 hours, we would need to take her to urgent care. Marc had planned on taking the kids to a comedy improv story time. When he got there the whole building was closed, So he went back to the hotel and did laundry for me (what a great hubby!).
After I got done with my conference, they picked me up and we headed to get some dinner. Marc had read about this Mexican restaurant called Casa Bonita. We had heard that the food was horrible, but the entertainment for the kids was great! They had several mini shows off and on through-out the night. We saw a gun fight, a pirate show, a monkey show, and some cliff diving. Think my kids enjoyed the shows? ;-)
About the time we got done eating dinner, they called the kids to a back part of the building to hit a pinata. Each kid got to pick up lots of Tootsie Rolls.
Like I said earlier in the post, there were cliff divers, As part of the back drop of their diving there was a water fall. We couldn't resist getting a picture of the kids with the water fall.
On the way out of the restaurant the kids got to pick something from the treasure chest. They each got a Tootsie Roll and a play dollar bill.
All the reviews where correct....the food was awful, but the kids loved the atmosphere and the entertainment!
When we got home (hotel), I was instructed that I had to give a science lesson on the things I learned that day.
It was a great first day of my conference! After a day of Benadryl Samantha's eye looks much better!

No comments: