Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 3 in Denver - 7/5/10

We spent our 3rd day in Denver in the Rocky Mountains. We drove about 45 minutes to a pretty little town called Estes Park. We took the hour drive up to the top. This is a picture close to the base of the mountain.It was a long, nerve-racking, beautiful drive to the top. This is a picture about half way up the mountain.
On our way up we saw some elk relaxing in the sun, lots of beautiful mountain tops, patches of snow, and clouds that looked like they were at eye level, we made it to the top!
We asked someone to take our picture at the top.
We were about 12,000 feet above sea level. We were a little concerned about how I would do being up that high. I have sinus issues to begin with, let alone being up that high. As we drive up and I was fine, except for the nerves because there were no guard rails! As soon as we got out of the car and started walking I began ti have some issues breathing well. I was not able to get a full, deep breath and every time I stood up I got dizzy. We went to The Cafe in the Clouds for some lunch. After sitting down and some calming down time, I did much better! The view was breathtaking (almost literally)!
We spent the whole day in the mountains, looking at the beauty that God has made!! :-)

No comments: