Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recovery!! :)

Well, today is the first day of non-recovering time! :) Marc made it through his 10 days of recovery from his tonsil/adnoid surgery....with no issues (except Mommy going nuts)!! ;)
He did amazingly awesome during his recovery! We are so proud of our little trooper! :)
The surgical center sent us home with Vicodin as his pain killer. He stopped taking that on day 3 of his recovery. The doctor's office told us that when he was ready to go off Vicodin, to put him on Tylenol. We didn't even have to do that! (So, needlessly to say, we have a TON of Vicodin leftover....any takers? ;) )
We have been having him rate his pain level on a scale of 0-10 throughout his recovery. The first morning he woke up he said it was a 4 or 5. From day 3 through day 7 is was a 1 or 2. And after that is was a 0 or 1. Now, today he has told me that is a 0 all the time, no matter what he is doing, eating, or drinking. :)
Since the doctor told us to have him do "light activity" for 7-10 days, we were prepared with lots of crafts for our craft-loving boy to do. He actually ended up watching more movies & tv that doing crafts. I normally don't let him just sit in front of the tv and veg but this was a special circumstance. Here are a few pictures of the crafts he did do.

Painting a box to put his bottle cap collection in.
These were cool plastic molds of cars from the CARS movie that he got to put sand in the make them look however he wanted...

and this is how they turned out. A great addition to his CARS bedroom. :)
Making a plastic canvas CARS Kleenex box cover...another great addition to his CARS bedroom. (I have a feeling that I will end up making most of this project)
Daddy Marc was a sweetheart and brought flowers home for both Marc and I on Thursday last week. He wrote very sweet notes on both cards about how we both (Marc & myself) have done well and that it was almost over. Throughout his recovery we have gotten lots of get well cards for him, which he LOVED getting in the mail over the last week. Thank you to all of you that sent them. :)
Throughout this recovery I have learned a very important lesson....I could NEVER be a nurse! ;) It was very stressful to see your child not feeling very well and not getting to eat much and not being able to play as much as he wants to. I have discovered that I eat when I am stressed. ;) I think I gained the 5 ponds that Marc lost while eating all of the soft foods. ;)
I am very thankful to all of the help, thoughts and prayers that were sent our way of the last 2 weeks. They were all very much appreciated! :) Now that it is over, we are going to take Marc out on Saturday to do something fun and let him pick where we go to eat. Wonder what he will choose???? I will post what we do at a later date. :)


No comments: